Weekly Update - 11/11/2007

November 11, 2007 · 7 comments

• Diet starting weight: 295
  • Week starting weight: 272
  • Today’s weight: 269
  • Week weight loss: 3 lbs
  • Total weight lost: 26 lbs

I am certainly happy with a 3 pound loss, but it could have been so much better.  I hit 269 on Wednesday, and 268 on Thursday.  However during the day on Thursday I had a few minor slips and did poorly on my water intake and on Friday I was back out of the 260s at 270.  I know there is one school of thought where you just don’t look at the scale during the week but for me it is an important tool.  I knew that I had been bad Thursday so when I stepped on the scale Friday morning I saw confirmation by way of it.  That helps seal in my mind the relationship between eating too much candy and weight gain.  Not looking at the scale every morning works for some people, but for me it is a necessity.  Just the once though, looking at it throughout the day is pointless.

Things I did well this week:

• Followed my strength training plan every day, and hit the one million pounds lifted mark.
  • Except for one day, did really well on my water intake.
  • Saw Bee Movie with my family (it was just OK) and once again stuck to just a large water.  Movies are much easier for me to handle now.
  • Took the final step at Noodles and ordered a small Thai Curry Soup with chicken and no noodles.  It was perfectly satisfying.

Things I did not so well this week:

• Did just two days of cardio, which is better than one, but still not good enough.
  • We haven’t gotten rid of the Halloween candy yet and I paid the price as I ended up eating a lot of chocolate later in the week.

I need to have a good week this week because most of the next couple of weeks after that I will be in Europe and will be challenged to keep up with any sort of diet and exercise program.  I’m in Chicago this week for a few days which will make that more of a challenge, but I’m simply going to have to do it.

Feels great to be in the 260s.  I am confident that by Sunday of next week that I’ll still be there.  I’m not ready to say goodbye to the 270s yet since I just have no idea how I will fair in Europe, but I certainly hope I have seen the last of them.

Like This Post? Give me the thumbs up

{ 7 comments }

GroovyBabe November 11, 2007 at 7:54 am

Congrats on getting into the next lower decade! It feels fab doesnt it?!!

john - from fat to fit November 11, 2007 at 10:18 am

Sure does! Just hope I can knock off a big number this week in advance of my Europe trip.

Steve v4.6 November 11, 2007 at 10:29 am

Good job John! Keep it up.

TB-Milwaukee November 11, 2007 at 6:47 pm

I’m getting rid of the candy tomorrow. Taking it to work, I don’t think my kids will even notice. They’ve eaten their favorites and only the leftovers that would tempt me are left.

Nice job on the new middle number. I’m looking forward to a new first number any week now.

Skinny Guy November 11, 2007 at 9:57 pm

Congratulations on this week’s loss. I’m also a daily weigher, for pretty much the same reason you mention. It’s all about the feedback!

Good luck this week!

Steve November 13, 2007 at 11:29 pm

I’m a every other day weigher, it gives my body time to adjust to the changes but still keeps me on track.

Another 3lb loss is great news, Just think at this rate in 6 months you’ll be catching a glimpes of the 190′s? Keep it up.

I agree with you on the bee movie thing. I think Shrek has ruined all other CG animated movies for me. The quality just isn’t the same.

Plus my little one wanted to go to the bathroom 10 times so I missed a good chuck of the movie. :)

Sorry for all the comments, I’m just getting caught up.

john - from fat to fit November 14, 2007 at 7:47 am

Thanks everyone. A 3 pound loss is not what I am looking to sustain, my goals are determined by an average loss of about 1.5 pounds per week. But I’ll take these bigger weeks because they will help offset the bad weeks tht are sure to come.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

© 2007-2012 John Is Fit - Personal Weight Loss Blog. Powered by Wordpress, theme by Thesis, and hosted by Dreamhost.