I’m Seeing Some Signs of Success

October 24, 2007 · 6 comments

beltDespite my bad week last week, I actually did have some good news.

Belts
I have a dozen or so belts in my closet but only one that I wear regularly.  This one was an emergency purchase in Chicago a few months ago when I managed to break my belt buckle getting dressed in the morning and of course I was wearing pants that absolutely needed a belt (not because I had lost weight, which I hadn’t yet, but just because I bought them with “room to grow into” (really bad approach!).  So that’s why the one belt I have been wearing cost me $80.  Not many options in The Loop. Ouch.

I have noticed this week that I have been using the last hole in the belt and that I could actually cinch it down more.  Time to get the leather awl out.  Now that’s a good feeling!

Given that success I decided to try on an old favorite belt that I haven’t been able to wear for awhile and what do you know – I managed to get into the first hole on it.  So now I’ve got a black belt to wear too – not to mention to measure my progress with.

Pants
I have a pair of faded jeans sitting in my closet that I had to stop wearing a few months ago because they just got uncomfortably snug.  They are regular fit size 40 Levi’s.  I had to move to the wide fit 40s or 42s a few months ago so these pants haven’t seen any use.  This week I decided to see if they fit again and sure enough they did.  What was really cool was I had forgotten how soft they were.  Really glad to have them back.  I think in another 20 pounds or so I’m going to start looking at the 38s I still have hanging up in the closet.  It will be awhile before I dig into the big box with the 36s though.

It feels good to see the scale down 20 pounds from when I started this weight loss plan but it feels even better to see the results reflected in my clothes.

Like This Post? Give me the thumbs up

{ 6 comments }

JoLynn Braley October 24, 2007 at 2:47 pm

Hi John,

I can completely relate to the great feeling of getting back in to some too tight pants, that is so great!

BTW, are you a skier? I see your header image and just wondered about that. Downhill skiing is my greatest passion in life, nothing tops it. It’s my biggest motivation for staying fit, too! 😉

john - from fat to fit October 24, 2007 at 4:53 pm

I guess you could say I am a skier although I don’t get many chances to do so. That photo was taken in Keystone, Colorado a couple of seasons ago. This spring we are going to Telluride, which I am really looking forward to.

JoLynn Braley October 24, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Hi John, I’ve never been to Telluride, would LOVE to go. I bet you’ll have a great time, and there should be snow out there…..just think, what great motivation is that for upping your fitness, all the better to ski those runs! 😉

Diana the Scale Junkie October 24, 2007 at 7:39 pm

Now that is a good feeling!! Congrats on moving that buckle down a notch. I think its great that you want to get out there and play soccer too, they say people who participate in team sports are more likely to keep off their weight in the long run so add that as another bonus. Congrats on the great progress.

Skinny Guy October 24, 2007 at 9:00 pm

I kept a belt from when I started, and continued adding holes as I lost the weight. Now when I buckle it, it wraps over half way around, or about a foot and a half if I hold it straight out!

Sarah October 27, 2007 at 12:46 pm

Can I make a suggestion? Maybe you’re already doing this but I know this has been instrumental in my weight loss. Throw out (or give away) any clothes that are now too big for you. Don’t keep them “just in case”. As soon as you grow out of them get rid of them. This is a mental thing but as long as those big clothes are there then you can just put them on if you gain back some weight (or at least that thought can be in your head). Those old clothes are a mental safety net! Get em outta there and never look back!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

© 2007-2019 John Is Fit - Personal Weight Loss Blog. Powered by Wordpress, theme by Thesis, and hosted by Dreamhost.